Saturday, November 23, 2019

Wicked Collection

One thing Caleb and I love to do together is go to musicals.  Sometimes we convince Scott and/or Mariah to come along, but it's just as often the two of us.  I have something special like that with each of the kids.  Mariah and I like to order room service or go to the dine-in movie theater and Caleb and I see musicals.  One that we really loved was Wicked.

The set of Wizard of Oz ornaments I did several years ago is a set my kids battle over in the game of "Who Gets What When She Dies?"  I'd like my kids to remain close when I'm gone, so I'm trying my best to alleviate unnecessary competition.  I couldn't bear the thought of another set of the Oz ornaments because they were SOOOO labor intensive and I already made a second set for my sister.  Once we saw Wicked, I knew what I'd do.  I actually started these in 2017, but I wanted to wait to post them until I could share the entire set with you.  I made Glinda, Elphaba, Chistery, and an Ozian.  Caleb is about to die trying to figure out what the final one is.  He keeps guessing the Emerald City.  WRONG!!!  His set will now be complete and these will be on his tree this year.





Because the Oz ornaments were beaded and sequined, I did that for these two.  Again -- trying to avoid future family fractures.  These are ones I designed from scratch by adapting DeAngelis patterns and looking at lots of pictures online for inspiration.  I feel okay about sharing the patterns with you because I don't think I'm violating any copyrights.





No comments:

Post a Comment