Saturday, November 23, 2019

Rich Uncle Pennybags

My oldest nephew, Alex, is now 21 and it gets a little tricky thinking of what ornament to make for him at this stage of life.  He'll graduate college in the spring and I've already made an ornament of his school's mascot.  And he's quirky.  This is the child who requested a raccoon in a trash can one year.  I asked him for suggestions for this year's ornament and he said, "make me a guy with a big bag of money."  He's a business major with big plans for the future.

I pondered for a second and the first image that came to mind was the Monopoly man.  Then I remembered the time Alex came up for a couple of days over his Christmas break when he was about ten and the two of us played a game of Monopoly so long and so intense that we forgot to eat lunch.  True story.  So off to Google I went to search for images of the Monopoly man that I could work into an ornament.  And it had to incorporate a money bag, which narrowed the field considerably.

Did you know the Monopoly man has an actual name?  Yeah -- me, neither.  His name is actually Rich Uncle Pennybags.  In case you need that for your appearance on Jeopardy, you're welcome.  He turned out great and I can't wait for Alex to get him.




Since there are a billion images of Rich Uncle Pennybags on the web and since I AM NOT SELLING THIS PATTERN OR PROFITING IN ANY WAY FROM IT, I feel like I can share it with you. 




(Yes . . . I know the dollar sign is backward on the pattern.  That comes from me tracing from the backside and not paying attention.  I'm trusting you'll forgive me this once.)    

No comments:

Post a Comment