Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Thor

During the big quarantine/shut-down of 2020, Caleb came home for about six months.  He's a teacher and all his work was done remotely, so we decided to hunker down together.  We had a great time doing all the same things everyone else did, largely eating too much and binge-watching shows and movies.  We watched all of Schitt's Creek.  Then we made him watch all 11 of the Star Wars movies.  He, in turn, made us watch all 23 of the Marvel movies.  It was hardly a fair trade.  I can't believe I did it and really feel like I need some sort of medal . . . or at the very least a memorial service to mourn the loss of the hours of my life that died a slow, painful death.  


And because we feel the need to commemorate everything with an ornament, the search began for clipart.  Fortunately, I didn't have to work that hard because there were some awesome patterns available on Etsy from a shop called Mimi Boom.  They are done in the style of the Funko Pop figurines and I thought they were cute and had nice details.  And if there are patterns available, why reinvent the wheel?  This pattern was very nice with full color diagrams and clear instructions.  

I started with Thor because he was Caleb's favorite and I think he turned out great!  



DISCLAIMER:  I do not receive any sort of compensation for recommending a pattern:  neither money, nor free patterns.  I'm just sharing resources I've found.  If it's a good pattern, I'll tell you.  If it's not, I'll tell you that, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment