Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Drag Queens

Our son, Caleb, counts Ru Paul's Drag Race as one of his guilty pleasure TV shows.  He's also a huge lover of my handmade ornaments, particularly if there are beads and sequins involved.  I was bored one night and wondered if there was any drag queen clipart that would possibly work for my purposes.  The ornament gods smiled on me when I found these:  



As soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect!  It took a while to track down each individual piece on sites where I could purchase it.  It took some time to design them and some more time to pick out beads and sequins from Cartwright's.  On Amazon, I found tiny rainbow flags meant for cupcakes and they were perfect.  Once I had all the materials and patterns, these were like a good book I couldn't put down.  I decided to give each one a fun drag name and I even stitched those on the back because I like to over-achieve whenever possible.  

So please meet this year's contestants in the Drag Race!


Miss Cherry BonBon



Miss Honey B. Arthur



Miss Kiki Lime



Miss Peachy Keene



Miss Purple Reign



 Miss Sapphire Skye


Here they are, posing for a group shot




I won't lie, these aren't for for the novice stitcher.  They have eye shadow, lips and teeth -- all freehand cut from felt!  Honey B. Arthur and Purple Reign are my favorites.  I love their hair . . . . and, I'm not gonna lie, their cleavage.  I just think they're hilarious.  And Caleb did, too.  They're really some of my best design work.  Since one of our local small-town fairs requires a set of six ornaments for entry in the handmade ornament category, my family really thought these should be this year's entry.  Somehow, I think the humor may have been lost on the older ladies who judge.  

Here's a link to a video of Caleb opening them.  You might want to make him an ornament when you see how much he loves them.  You've been warned!  



Reminder to clipart designers:  I do not sell the ornaments or the patterns.  I purchase the clipart and use it to make felt patterns.  I profit in no way from anyone else's work.    


  

No comments:

Post a Comment