Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Flamingo

Caleb loves all things tropical.  Pineapples, flamingos, watermelon, hula girls . . . . and the tackier, the better.  His classroom decor is even tropical-themed this year.  I thought he definitely needed a festive flamingo on his tree, so I went in search of a pattern and found this one.  It turned out great and Caleb loved it.  



You'll notice that the top wing is a little sparkly.  A couple felt pattern designers I follow are starting to use this new glitter felt that's on the market.  I have glitter felt from Joann, but it's like regular felt with some glitter sprinkled on it.  This is felt backed and has a very thorough coating of fine glitter on the front.  It's beautiful  It's stiffer than regular felt and a little more challenging to get a needle through, but not impossible.  I would never do an entire ornament from it.  It would take forever and would be too stiff, not to mention the expense!  But it adds a really nice bit of sparkle. 

It's heinously expensive and not for the casual crafter.  I asked for a sample pack for my birthday and got the 6"x 9" sheets.  That should keep me in business for a while.  I got it from an Etsy shop called Benzie because that's the shop recommended by the designers I follow.  Click here if you're interested.  



Disclaimer:  I don't get any kickbacks for providing links to either the pattern or the glitter felt.  I'm just sharing resources with you for things I've purchased and liked.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment