Sunday, April 28, 2019

Ornament Photos From Susan

There is nothing more exciting than getting an email like this:


Hi Amy!

I’m amazed and delighted that I’ve found your blog. I’ve been looking for these patterns on and off for years - years! - for my mom. And for me too, come to think of it!

My mom has a couple dozen of these ornaments, and she has always hoped to find the patterns.  She bought the ornaments ages ago, maybe in the eighties. Maybe even a little earlier. The woman who made them sold them for pin money. My mom has been looking for a book of the patterns for such a long time. However, we never knew the brand name or the designer who made them. I can’t believe I have found you. 

Please help! I would love to get a set of the patterns for my mom and me to share. I’ll be very excited to hear back from you. 
Sincerely,
Susan

I just love thinking about those folks out there who had DeAngelis ornaments on their trees growing up and who still treasure them.  Nothing makes me happier than when someone reaches out because they'd like to continue the tradition for their own kids.  I'm so happy to be able to share patterns with people.  

I've tried -- with zero luck -- to track down members of Carolyn DeAngelis' family.  Don't you think they would love to know that so many of us treasure the legacy left by their mother/grandmother?  I know I would.  And I wonder what THEIR ornament collections look like!  

Susan was kind enough to share some photos of the DeAngelis ornaments she grew up with.  







These photos are a good reminder of just how many DeAngelis patterns there are.  I've made literally HUNDREDS of her ornaments, but I've made very few of the ones Susan shared.  She also shared this story and photo, which I love:


My mom Judy made these little ghosts for her granddaughter Lexy. The ornaments are the very likeness of Lexy’s childhood security plush stuffed ghost. When Lexy first saw them on the Christmas tree, Ghostie in her arms, she was dazzled. Little Ghosties all over the tree! They are a spectacular small version of Lexy’s ghost, down the patch that repaired his worn neck long ago. 
Susan  




Thanks so much to Susan for reaching out and sharing her stories and ornaments.  Please remember to share photos with me of the ornaments YOU make!  

No comments:

Post a Comment