Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Lilo and Stitch

As I said earlier, Penny gets a Disney Princess and her sister, June, is getting princess sidekicks.  For June's first Christmas, they got Elsa and Olaf.  This year, they're getting Lilo and Stitch.  I used Carolyn Deangelis' pattern for Leiloni, the Hawaiian girl, and I added some details to make her look more like Lilo.  I've done Leiloni before: 


This is an example of the head being attached to the body in one piece.  Not my favorite look.  There's no chin and she just winds up looking like she's eaten too much Spam. I Googled for images of Lilo and decided this was the direction I wanted to go:



And here's my final product:






I just freehand cut all those little green leaves and individually glued them on.  I know -- the horror.  But they were just too tiny.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  Next, it was on to Stitch.  I simply Googled him and found tons of images.  I looked for the one that was the simplest and would lend itself well to an ornament.  Here is my final product:


And here's a little lesson on perspective and sizing.  If these two ornaments were going to stay together forever, I would've made Stitch substantially smaller than Lilo, like he is in the movie.  But when Penny and June grow up, their ornaments will be on separate trees and I didn't want June to be stuck with a bunch of tiny ornaments.  For that reason, I am making all her ornaments full-size.  Here's what they look like together:



 

1 comment: