Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Birthday Party Cake and Moonbeam

A treasured friend of mine has a daughter turning one next week.  Lorraine really treasures the handmade gifts I've made Millie -- like a whole wardrobe of baby doll clothes -- and she has always loved my ornaments.  Two Christmases ago, when Lorraine announced she was having a girl, I made her the Blessed Event ornament:


To be fair, this isn't actually the one I made for Millie.  I had to wait until they arrived with a gender reveal gift and then I quickly wrapped the felt baby in a pink blanket and glued it together right there in front of them . . . aaaaaand forgot to take a picture.  Suffice it to say it looks just like this one but with a pink blanket.  

This past Christmas, I made this ornament for Millie:



In case that looks a little familiar, here's why:



It's actually the Moonbeam mouse ornament.  There's so much you can do with mixing and matching pieces parts of existing patterns.  

For Millie's first birthday, I made her a toddler quilt:



And I also made her this ornament.  It's the Birthday Party Cake pattern.  Just perfect for a 1st birthday gift!  I plan to tie it to the bow on the quilt package.  



And here is sweet Millie with my husband, Scott.  Her party is this Sunday and it's a fiesta theme.  Millie is turning UNO!  Because babies and tacos . . . it's a thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment