Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Peanuts Gang

I've been working my way through the Peanuts gang for a couple of years now . . . adding one ornament each year.  My son played Schroeder in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" in high school, so I figured he'd wind up with them one day.

Fun fact:  my husband and I are both musicians.  We perform together locally at wineries, festivals, and other events.  Additionally, I've been having an onstage midlife crisis that started in 2018 when I played my dream role of Miss Hannigan in Annie with a local community theater group.  I know it's a crime that I have yet to design a set of Annie ornaments, but it's on the to-do list.  This February, I played what will probably go down as the role of a lifetime for me when I was cast as Lucy in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown."  A full circle moment for our family!

The second the cast was announced, I got to work on ornaments for my castmates.  It was a true labor of love because, let me tell you, those particular ornaments are majorly time-consuming.  Schroeder's piano alone almost gave me a nervous breakdown.  Doing those eight ornaments back to back was truly a stitching marathon, but it was totally worth it.  (Seven for the cast and Lucy for the director.)  They were so touched and loved them.  Here's a pic of the finished set:



And here are my friends with their ornaments:


  I have no idea what my dress is doing there.  Incidentally, I made that, too!

I made the Sally ornament for myself this year.  I actually made two at a time.  Holy cow -- stitching on those polka dots.  Yikes.  And, no -- I did NOT put them on the back!  



If you would like to see my other ornaments from this series, look on the right side of this page where it says "labels" and you can search for "Peanuts."

Here are a few more pics from the show you might enjoy seeing:





Funny story:  I posted a picture on FB of the ornaments and IMMEDIATELY, people started wanting to order them.  Someone I only know casually asked if I could make "the whole gang" for her to give to a friend.  I read that to my son and he snorted and said, "For a million dollars!"  I just quietly took the picture down.  Lesson learned!


If you would like to make these ornaments yourself, click here to go straight to Etsy where you can buy the patterns.  


PLEASE NOTE:  I have never personally communicated with the pattern designer other than to order the pattern.  I didn't receive a free pattern for this post and I'm sure she doesn't even know this blog exists.  I just saw these photos on Pinterest and followed the link.  

No comments:

Post a Comment