Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Big Bad Wolf

I did Carolyn Deangelis' Three Little Pigs ornaments way back in 2010.  They are far and away Scott's favorites, for some reason.  I like them, too, as you can clearly see by the header of this blog page!  They have always been sorely lacking a big, bad wolf and I just never have gotten around to it.  Somehow Carolyn's pattern didn't quite do it for me.  He looks a little more like a friendly dog than a menacing wolf:



I was perusing clipart one night on Etsy.  (Let me tell you -- that's a rabbit hole you can go down and lose several hours of your life.)  I started thinking about other nursery rhyme characters and stumbled across this Three Little Pigs Clipart.  I immediately fell in love with that wolf and knew I had to design him.  I loved the expression on his face.  Clif and I had a length Messenger discussion one night about how to handle the claws and, sadly, they just didn't work out.  But I love him anyway.  




And then I had to dig out my pigs to see how they looked together. 



Maybe if I get super industrious . . . or super bored . . . I'll design the three houses to go with them.  The three little pigs set within the nursery rhymes set.  That'll REALLY give my kids something to argue about when I die!  



DISCLAIMERS:

In case anyone happens by and thinks I've stolen someone else's work or thinks I'm profiting from it:


  • purchased the clip-art.  I did not do a "right click/save as."
  • I am not selling a pattern made from this clip-art.  I'm not even giving away a pattern made from this clip-art.  
  • I am not selling ornaments made from this clip-art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment