Tuesday, May 12, 2020

'Twas the Night: Santa and Mrs Claus

I hoarded my Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments for two years until I got them all done before I shared them with you.  That designer has started releasing a new set of patterns and I decided to share them as I go.  Mostly because this Santa and Mrs. Claus are so fantastic they make me want to weep and I wanted you to see them.  



I know some of you probably think they're too difficult.  I swear -- they're not.  Her directions are SO clear.  It's just like putting together a puzzle.  And she gives you sources for where to order various things if you want to . . . and shows several different color ideas.  She is just a fantastic designer.  There are even links on her website to people who sell the painted heads.  It's a little hard to tell in these pics, but I used glitter felt for the coats and the white trim.  They are so sparkly and amazing, I could just look at them all day long.  I am beside myself thinking about what other designs will be in this series.  Just think about it:

Not a creature was stirring, not even a MOUSE!
The CHILDREN were nestled all snug in their beds!
MAMA in her kerchief!

If there is anything remotely resembling a miniature sleigh with eight tiny reindeer, I will lose my mind.  

Her details take a little time.  Take a look:



That package is stiffened felt that's stitched, but she also includes directions for how to do that from cardstock.  That mistletoe ball is a wood bead covered in tiny glass beads and you can get those at Joann Fabrics.  The candy cane is a white pipe cleaner wrapped in red embroidery floss.  They require a little patience, but they're so worth the extra time.  

My biggest dilemma:  Which one to enter in the fair????



Links to purchase the patterns
Santa
Mrs. Claus



PLEASE NOTE:  I will admit to leaving fan-girl comments on the designer's Facebook page and she has acknowledged those.  That is the extent of my communication with her.  I didn't receive a free pattern for this post and I'm sure she doesn't even know this blog exists.  I saw these patterns when she posted them on Facebook and I followed the link.  

No comments:

Post a Comment