Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Pet Set

I did ornaments for our dog and cat back in 2018.  At that time, we just had Violet and Joey.  I went back to look at that post and it made me laugh.  I said:  Last fall, we quite literally inherited another dog from a relative who passed away, so look for a new dog ornament some time this year.  And if Joey has his way, we'll be adding another cat.  He has a friend who comes around regularly to play.  We felt sorry for him, so we put out some food.  Then Mariah named him Whoopie.  It's only a matter of time.  But don't tell Scott I said that!  

Well, we did indeed take in Whoopie on a permanent basis.  It took a long time to win his trust, but he's a great little cat now.  About ten months later, Whoopie brought home a friend.  A really tiny orange kitten.  He was very screamy and very persistent and he eventually wore Scott down.  He darted all over the house like a chipmunk, so Mariah named him Chip.  So at a time in our lives when we should be scaling down on dependents, we find ourselves with five pets.  

The cats were easy, because I just used the pattern I already had and changed the colors.  Oreo required an original design.  She is a pomeranian/fox terrier mix and her coloring makes her look like a border collie.  People are always surprised when they see her in person because they expect a much bigger dog based on her pictures.  She's actually quite small:


And there's Violet -- just generally not caring about anything -- LOL!  I searched for some border collie clipart on Etsy and found something that worked.




Here are the cats:  Joey, Whoopie, and Chip




And here is the pet set!  



DISCLAIMERS:

In case anyone happens by and thinks I've stolen someone else's work or thinks I'm profiting from it:



  • purchased the clip-art.  I did not do a "right click/save as."
  • I am not selling a pattern made from this clip-art.  I'm not even giving away a pattern made from this clip-art.  
  • I am not selling ornaments made from this clip-art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment