Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ornaments from Readers

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I hope the recipients of your ornaments were thrilled with their gifts.  Mine were certainly well received.  Mary loved her mermaid and couldn't stop remarking about the individual sequins that were sewn on.  Luke really liked his Steelers player and couldn't believe I actually stitched the word STEELERS on it.  My piano students really loved their Eskimo girls and sled dog.  It's funny -- my students are two girls and one boy.  Taylor and Ethan are siblings.  They opened their ornaments when they got home and quickly realized that the Eskimo girl and dog were a set.  Ethan said, "I wonder if Brittany got a sled???"  LOL!!  Naomi really loved the miniature version of Tucker and was particularly impressed that I designed it especially for her.

Several of you have been gracious enough to send me pictures of your ornaments and I wanted to share those with the rest of you.

Anna is from Australia, but is currently living in the states. She makes felt ornaments each year for gifts and contacted me specifically looking for a kangaroo pattern.  She did a beautiful version of Mom Hopper, putting candy canes in the pouch.






Janet has been making Carolyn DeAngelis ornaments for over 40 years.  She and some ladies at her church get together all year long to work on ornaments to sell at their annual bazaar.  I'm envious -- I'd love to belong to a group like that!  Here's a set of Cinderella ornaments they made.






Here's a really cute Mary Poppins they designed.





And THIS picture, I could look at all day long!
Look at all those ornaments they made!!!






Kathy is new to felt ornaments and hasn't tackled the Carolyn DeAngelis patterns yet.  She made these ornaments from other sources for Christmas.  Beautiful!  I particularly love the detail on the stocking.




 

Barb, another reader, has done a TON of self-designed ornaments including a whole set of Harry Potter ones.






She also did these "head shots" of favorite Sesame Street characters.  Adorable!!



I'm in Florida now, so you'll have to live in suspense until I get home in February!  I brought down pieces for twelve ornaments and I've already started stitching.  Twelve ornaments in six weeks . . . think I can make it????


1 comment:

  1. Well, another year. We will start next Monday sewing our ornaments for our bazaar. We got requests for something related to Legos and Star Wars. Any ideas?

    The kangaroo is great. Love the scotty dog. Our dogs and cats always sell good.

    Amy, enjoy the warm weather in Florida.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete