Saturday, January 12, 2013

Angelic Duet

Here's my latest.  I've been making angels for my friend's daughter each year since she was born.  Last year, she got a new baby sister.  I already had her ornament made and didn't have this pattern yet.  (Janet shared it with me earlier this year.)  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it for her!  I didn't like the big angel's hair on the pattern.  It was super short, like the little angel's hair.  I searched through my patterns and "borrowed" some hair from somewhere else.





I added some decorative stitching to the bottoms of the dresses because I thought they were a little plain and boring otherwise.  I did the faces according to the pattern, but might change them if I make this one again.  Hope you like them!



4 comments:

  1. I love this ornament, just adorable. Good call putting pigtails on the larger angel. What is the star made out of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made from this stuff I got at Joann Fabrics when I was making the Wizard of Oz ornaments. It's metallic silver and it's thicker than fabric, but not as thick as vinyl. It's perfect for the ornaments -- a needle passes through it really easily. I did two layers stitched together, but didn't stuff it. I wanted it to just be a flat star.

      Delete
    2. I will have to look for it next time I'm at Joann's. I see you used it on the soldier boy's hat too. It gives a nice effect.

      Delete