Tuesday, January 8, 2013

African Rubber Neck

Here's my first ornament of 2013!  This is for Caleb, the recipient of the eagle I made to look like his college's mascot.  I ran out of time to make Caleb an ornament in 2012 -- the horror! -- so I put him at the top of the list for this year.  He has a thing for giraffes (I don't know why) and his favorite color is purple . . . . so here we have this version of African Rubber Neck.





He really went together pretty quickly.  Those little things on the top of his head . . . the giraffe antennae, for lack of a better word . . . are stuffed with pipe cleaners.  I just don't have the patience to shove a tiny wad of stuffing up there!  I made a little coil at the end of the pipe cleaner so it wound up being the shape of the felt piece.  Worked like a charm!

And let me just say . . . . you THINK you know what color a giraffe is until you start looking through your felt.  Some were too tan and some were too orange or gold.  This is a little peachier than I'd like the more I look at it, but it'll just have to do!

Have you started your 2013 ornaments yet???


No comments:

Post a Comment