Saturday, December 14, 2013

Josh '85

This might possibly go down as the greatest ornament of all time.  It's for our friends' son, Luke . . . owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers player and the squirrel with aviator glasses.  He's in the 8th grade this year and is a drummer in his middle school band.

This ornament has a million pieces, but there was really nothing too tedious about putting it together -- it just took awhile.  I used pipe cleaners to stuff the drum and cymbal stands.  I used toothpicks for the drumsticks.  I cut off the sharp ends and added a tiny drop of hot glue to one end and then painted them.

Ouida remembers that Carolyn DeAngelis had a grandson named Josh and she designed an ornament each year for him.  I wonder how old Josh is now . . . and if he has a collection of his grandmother's ornaments.  I hope so!

I have no legitimate reason to have a drummer on my own tree, but I love this little guy so much that I might have to consider making one for myself!


We noticed a similarity to this ornament I made for my husband a few years ago.  We're wondering if they're in the same band . . . . or if they just shop in the same clothing store -- LOL!


I'm sure this will be my last post for 2013.  I have enjoyed hearing from all of you this year.  Everyone seems to have ornaments and stories and fond memories of these little works of art (that's what I think they are).  I hope your Carolyn DeAngelis heirlooms are hanging proudly on your trees and bring you joy this Christmas season.  Best wishes for a blessed holiday and a happy new year from my family to yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment