Saturday, December 14, 2013

Susan's Ornaments

Susan, a blog reader, contacted me about patterns and had the most fantastic story about her ornaments.  She has some that her 93 year-old grandmother made back in the 1970's!  Now Susan and her daughters have continued the tradition and make the ornaments themselves.  They were looking for more patterns to expand their collection and I was SO happy to be able to share mine with them.  They, in turn, shared photos of their beautiful ornaments.  I love their classic method of doing the sequin outline.  Something I definitely do NOT have the patience for!

I've labeled these with their Carolyn DeAngelis pattern name -- unless it's a pattern I don't have.  Enjoy!



Two versions of African Rubber Neck





Angeleen



Butterfly



Captain Russell
(This is definitely one I want to make now that I've seen it!)



Dreamy Kitty



Two versions of Christmas Carrier






Christmas Seal



Country Mouse



Easter Bonny



Fish



Flapper



Garden Guardian



Gogassett



Hop A Bit



Leo



Lovin' Dove



Mama Claus



 Missus Mouse



Nativity Joseph




Nativity Mary



Neighborly Love



 Owl




Polka Dot Ellie



 Popin



Reindeer



Two versions of a seahorse





Snow Youth



Snug Bug



Stocking



Turkish Delight



Whoo



No comments:

Post a Comment