Thursday, November 1, 2012

International People

I was cruising around on Etsy the other day and did a search in their vintage section for felt ornaments.  Lo and behold . . . these popped up! 









I immediately downloaded the pictures because I knew the ornaments would sell and they'd be gone before I could study them.  It's a good thing I did, because someone bought them the next day.  At first glance, I thought they were all Carolyn DeAngelis patterns.  I know for sure some of them are.  The Mexican boy on the left in the turquoise poncho is Pacos.  The native American girl on the right is Sweet Siouxzee.  I have a few international patterns that I'm not super familiar with, so I checked them.  None of what I have matches anything here.  Hmmmmmmmm . . . .

And here's where the plot thickens.  There was something about that Mayan Indian boy on the bottom right that seemed familiar to me for some reason.  I have a file of pictures that I keep on my computer with ornament ideas.  Various things . . . clipart that I think I can adapt or other pictures that I think could make good ornaments.  I did a check and look what I found:





Coincidence?  I think not!  Now I'm wondering if the picture on the right is from a pattern book!  And how can it get it if it is???  Anybody have any information about these?

Worse case scenario:  I'll be designing some new patterns!  I'm particular fond of the matador & his senorita . . . the Irish couple . . . and the Scottish dancer in his kilt.  Which ones are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment