Friday, October 19, 2012

DeAngelis Ornaments on Ebay

I do a periodic check on Ebay for Carolyn DeAngelis ornaments and patterns.  I actually did find some patterns a couple of times!  It's been ages, though.  Tonight, I found something I couldn't believe.  I don't know whether to feel excited or throw up.   Someone has listed a boatload of handmade felt ornaments -- many of them Carolyn DeAngelis.  They're all immaculate and someone put the beads and sequins on them, like the ones in the Bucilla kits.  I'm guessing this is the result of an estate sale.  I'm excited to see someone else's finished ornaments because they all look different.  And I want to throw up because all I can think of is someone's work being sold to strangers on Ebay.  I guess it's better than them winding up in a thrift store, though.  

If you're interested in buying some without having to make them, you can look at the Ebay page of the seller.  The starting bid is $9.99 for each lot and most of them have more than 10 ornaments.  You do the math.  (Oh, the horror!)  

If you're NOT interested in buying them, then just enjoy the pictures!  I'll name what I know for sure to be DeAngelis ornaments.  Ouida & Janet -- if I miss some, let me know!





The little girl in purple on the bottom is definitely Tootsie.  I'm not sure about that sleigh.  It looks a little like Carolyn's Christmas Carrier pattern, but I'm not sure why it's orange OR full of flowers!  I believe the rest of the ornaments are from kits.




The Snowman on the top row is a DeAngelis.  The pattern I have is a tracing, so I don't know the original pattern name.  The wolf on the right is Watt the Wolf.  On the second row, the little mouse on the right is Timothy.  The Chinese girl in the blue in the 3rd row is Tio and she appears to be next to Mom Hopper, the kangaroo.  Carolyn made several Humpty Dumpty patterns, but I'm not sure if that's one or not.  On the bottom row, that cat looks like a DeAngelis pattern, but I don't have it.  The caroler in the middle is Carol Singer, next to her is Happy Heidi, and that's Round Clown on the right.  I'm not sure about any of the others.




In the top row, that's Yule Mouse on the left and a pair of Acco-lyte twins on the right.  The Indian in the middle is Straighten Arrow.  On the bottom, that may be the Christmas Carrier sleigh again.  That duck is Easter Bonny.




This one is tricky.  That yellow kangaroo is definitely Mom Hopper.  I think the whale in the middle is Wally and the squirrel on the right is Hop A Bit.  The mouse in orange on the bottom is Claude.  I'm not sure about that fish or the other kangaroo.




Okay . . . there are several pairs here.  The turkeys are Turkish Delight.  The reindeer are called Green Christmas.  The mouse on the house is called Mouse House (of course).  And that's a trio of mice from the Country Mouse patterns.  My guess is that the mice in the ice skates and the bears with rocking horses are from kits.




On the top left are P.B., Pete Puritan, and Lollipop Linda.  In the middle are Yule Mouse and Yule Man for You All on the left.  On the bottom center to right are Angel in Blue, Tootsie, and Shy Mouse.




On the top right is Vic the Viking.  Center left is Blushing Belinda.  The boy on skis in the middle is Mogul Mike.  I don't think that's Carolyn's Little Bo Peep on the bottom right.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

 


That's Elf Himself the XII on the top left and Mogul Mike again on the top right.  In the center, the blue bird is Snow Bird.  The girl in green and yellow in the center is Hobo Belle.  I don't think any on the bottom are DeAngelis patterns.




In the top row, the chef is Dough Boy.  In the center, the clown is D. Sember Bloomer.  The girl mouse on the bottom left is Missus Mouse and the mouse on the right is Yule Mouse again.

 


The rabbit on the top left in the yellow is Pete.  The mouse in blue is Sunshine.  The Skunk is Petunia.  The dog in the middle of the center row is Pup Pet.  The dog on the bottom left is Gogasset and he's next to Mom Hopper.  The pig is Pen Pal.


There are only two I'm sure of here.  The frog in the middle is Blarney.  The pilgrim boy on the bottom right is Pete Puritan.



That guy on the top right is Traffic Stopper.  The soldier in the middle to the right of Santa is Little Tin Soldier.  On the bottom left is Smart Cookie and the Mrs. Claus is Mama Claus





And there you have it.  If I missed any of these or have them wrong, let me know!  It's funny to me how everyone who makes these ornaments makes them differently.  Everyone puts their own personal spin on them.  I hope you're working on something fun right now.  I'm finishing up an original pattern for a seal and getting ready to make the Husky Sled Dog next.


1 comment:

  1. Amy, I just came across your blog... I am not very savvy on the computer but am very much interested in buying some of the patters. We have recently moved and my patterns have not shown up. I have children who what the ornaments for their Christmas trees. Are copies available for sale? Will you please advise. My mail is margueritebarney@gmail.com

    I look forward to a response!

    ReplyDelete