Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Few Stragglers

I've been working on getting all my patterns scanned and saved online -- a VERY laborious process!  Lots of them are cut up, faded, etc. and I'm having to reconstruct them.  And photocopies in the 70's certainly weren't as clear as they are now!  I just keep telling myself that I only have to do this once, and then it's done forever.

While going through everything, I realized that there are a few photos I never posted.  A couple of Christmases ago, I designed some ornaments to give to some fellow ornament-stitchers.  Because they read this blog, I didn't want to post the pictures and ruin the surprise.  Then I promptly forgot to do it once Christmas had passed.  Without further ado, here are Rachel and Reuben Hostetler:





 


I live in the middle of an Amish community, so I thought these would be a good "souvenir" from me to them.  If you're familiar with Carolyn DeAngelis patterns, you'll be able to tell that I borrowed liberally from the Sunbonnet Sally and Holy Mackerel patterns.  (I really cannot draw -- honest!)

While searching Ebay one day, I ran across this one for sale.


That's Carolyn DeAngelis' Husky Sled Dog pattern.  I emailed the seller to see if she made the ornament herself and if she had patterns, but she didn't.  Boo hoo.  At any rate, it's nice to be able to see this one in person.  He's really cute, isn't he?  I think he'd made a great pair with the Eskimo pattern (Miss Greenland)!

No comments:

Post a Comment