Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lucky Larry & Blushing Belinda . . . . Sort Of

Well, these will go down as two of my favorites ever. Our good friends, Dave and Naomi, were married in June in a fabulous barn wedding. You've met Dave & Naomi before . . . . but you know them as the Nurse and the Ninja. They're big ornament fans. In fact, my ornaments made an appearance at the wedding on the cupcake table in lieu of cake toppers.



I knew I wanted to make them a set of ornaments to commemorate their special day. I used Carolyn DeAngelis' bride & groom patterns as a starting point and then worked with actual pictures of the wedding.

Here's Dave.


Here's Dave's boutonniere.


Here's Naomi with her dress and flowers.


And here is my tribute to them in felt.


Naomi's dress isn't too exciting on the front of the ornament.
I put her detail on the back. Here is the back of her wedding dress.


And here is the back of the ornament. I don't know how well you can see it, but I made the corset-type lacing out of white embroidery floss.



I hope they like them as much as I enjoyed making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment