Friday, November 6, 2009

Nurse


Does this pattern have a name other than "Nurse?" That's all I have on my sheet. I'm naming her Nurse Naomi, after the recipient. A friend's daughter graduated from nursing school this spring and I'll be giving her this at Christmas.

I made a couple of changes:
  • The pattern had a scalloped top on the nursing hat. It was too bonnet-like for my taste so I changed it. I added that red back-stitched line to give the hat some definition.
  • I thought the bouquet of flowers in her hand according to the pattern was a little sexist, so I created a stethoscope instead. That's a piece of black satin rattail cord around the neck. Hanging down from there is another piece of satin trim that's flat. The bottom is 2 black circles stitched together with a silver sequin stitched on top.

As always, the arms are 3-dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment