Friday, May 21, 2010

Ninja

This is an original design. Well . . . semi-original, anyway. I don't draw at all, so I found a clipart graphic online and used it. Our friend, Dave, is a black belt in karate and all-around martial arts guy. He was the inspiration for my Karate Kid ornament last year. Recently, he was in his back yard playing around with some very sharp swords and cut his finger, requiring 5 stitches. That's when we dubbed him "The Ninja." I was at a loss as to what ornament to make him this year, and that just sealed the deal.

The throwing star is just two layers of felt stitched together -- no stuffing. There's a silver sequin stitched to the front. The sword is stuffed with a pipe cleaner. It doesn't show up too well in the picture, but on the hand holding the star, I put some little black stitches. My little "gotcha" to Dave!


No comments:

Post a Comment