Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hitch Hiker

This is part of my mouse collection that I do for my mom each year. I liked that mouse on the moon that I did for Allyson so much that I decided to do this one. You might think that it's laborious because the pieces are so tiny. It's really not. Both of these little mouse ornaments went together very quickly. It's true -- that little hand and tail are no picnic, but the pieces are so tiny that they don't take long to stitch. I don't even bother trying to stuff that mouse tail. I either use a piece of craft wire, or I trim all the fuzziness off a pipe cleaner and use that.

(Incidentally . . . take the time to go to the tobacco shop to get real pipe cleaners. The wire is stiffer and they're not nearly as fuzzy.)

There's more glue holding this one together than anything else I've done. I couldn't figure out how to engineer it otherwise. Glue or not . . . look how cute he is!



And now that he's done, you know what that means: ONE FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment