Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Goofy

February is Mariah's month for ornaments.  I had hoped to do four or five, but I managed to complete four.  And we can blame that on Goofy.  He is now my arch nemesis in the world of felt ornaments.  And, honestly, I have no one to blame for that but myself.  "What ornaments would you like?" I asked.  "Elsa to go with your Anna that I made a couple of years ago?" I asked.  Her response:  "You know which ones I really like?  That Mickey and Minnie.  I think I'd like a different Disney character every year."


I think you remember the Mickey & Minnie ornaments.  They had a million tiny pieces, had instructions in Japanese, took hours to make, and caused me to say lots of very bad words.  They looked great, but I was super relieved when they were done.  I kept reminding myself that the end justified the means and I dug that horrible pattern book back out and decided on Goofy.  Having been up close and personal with Goofy for what felt like an eternity, I can now tell you pretty much anything you want to know about his appearance and I will never forget the colors of his clothing.  (For the record, I think his stylist might be color blind.)  I knew I had enlarged the Mickey & Minnie patterns a little, so I did the same for Goofy.  So, in addition to being the most horrible ornament to construct, he is also the largest.  If I hadn't enlarged it though, he only would've been more maddening with smaller pieces.

So, here he is . . . . Mariah's latest Disney ornament and the current first-place holder of my least favorite ornaments EVER.  



No comments:

Post a Comment