Friday, July 29, 2016

Minnie

It's a good thing I did that Mickey first, because had I started with Minnie, she would've been destined to be a spinster on my Christmas tree.  Holy cow!  I knew I was in trouble at this stage:


Look how tiny some of those pieces are!  And because I'm a classic over-achiever where these ornaments are concerned, I decided to STITCH on the polka dots using 1/8" punched circles.  I'm pretty sure it took over an hour just to cut the darn thing out!  That might've been my first clue.  

Once again -- lots of gluing on this, which is not my favorite thing, but the engineering was a nightmare and that was the only way to get the whole thing together once everything was stitched and stuffed.  This seemed like it took a hundred years to make, but it was totally worth it:

  


The kids love them and can't wait to see them on the tree this Christmas.  I saw Mariah thumbing through that Disney book as if she was looking to see what other ornaments she'd like me to make from it.  I put it away somewhere that NO ONE will ever find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment