Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rolling Roadster

January was a big month in our house.  Mariah turned 16 and got her license.




Her first job was to drive us straight to the poor house to pay for her insurance -- LOL. Of course, we thought this milestone merited a commemorative ornament and Mariah asked for a shiny red car.  I went with a vintage DeAngelis pattern and chose the Rolling Roadster.  I thought it had fun things to customize and ways to add dimension.  In addition to wanting it "shiny," Mariah also asked for clear plastic over the headlight . . . like the kind I used on the snorkeling ornaments.  You'd have to know this girl; leave it to her to request something specific like that.  I used some of my silver metallic fabric to give the car big, blingy rims.  I think it turned out great and Mariah loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment