Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beauties from Kathy

Kathy has been a very busy stitcher!  I always get excited when she makes an ornament that I've never made before.  It's always nice to see a new pattern worked up!



This is Father Christmas and he's just beautiful.  I particularly like the deep red color Kathy used for his coat.  He's definitely going on my must-stitch list!


 

This little guy is Good Cheers.




This is Kane.  It's always cool to see one I've done before.  I like to see the personal twist each stitcher puts on the ornaments.  Here's my version of Kane.  I particularly like Kathy's candy cane.  She didn't take the cheater's way out and use pipe cleaners like I did!




There are several cute patterns for cars and I haven't done any of them.  I'm holding out for when my oldest nephew turns 16 next year.  This is Rolling Roadster and it's a really cute pattern!



Here's Kathy's version of Soldier Boy.  I like it SOOOO much better than mine!  This is a good example of how color choice can really make or break an ornament.  My neck turned out weird, too.  I'll have to put Kathy's and mine side-by-side and see what I can do differently the next time.

Thanks so much, Kathy, for taking photos of your ornaments and sharing them with the rest of us!  I hope all you other stitchers out there will do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment