Friday, November 6, 2009

Flat Zach


Now THIS was a fun ornament to make. My nephew recently sent me Flat Zach. For those of you who don't know, this is a common school project. Students read the story of Flat Stanley, who travels around the world in an envelope. The kids then make flat representations of themselves and send them to friends and family. Our job is to take the flat person with us and photograph him wherever we go.

I have 2 nephews: Alex and Zach. One of our big traditions is that I give them ornaments each Christmas. I make some, I buy some from places I travel, and I get some to go along with what's going on in their lives that year.

I scanned Flat Zach into my computer and shrunk the image. Then I printed him out and cut him apart to make pattern pieces. After that, it's business as usual! The only difference is that I didn't stuff him. He is FLAT Zach, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment