Monday, June 3, 2019

Calliope

As I looked through loads of circus pictures, I kept seeing all the fancy, decorated circus horses and knew I had to do one.  The Carolyn DeAngelis pattern really didn't do anything for me:



See what I mean?  Not very circusy.  Then I thought of the carousel horse pattern called Dobin-Go-Round:

Still not quite right.  But I did remember that I was able to use that one and adapt it when I made Peggy.  If I did it once, I could do it again -- right?  I bought a circus-related clipart set from Etsy that had several images I want to use for ornaments.  It had a horse I loved and I was able to tweak this carousel horse to make it work.  Because I'm a little over-zealous when it comes to these ornaments, I sometimes get hung up on a name.  I even went so far as to Google "famous circus horses" but that didn't turn up anything that set me on fire.  I finally decided on Calliope.  That would probably make more sense for a carousel horse, but I don't care.  Once my brain got stuck on that name, that's all it could be!



I feel like enough of this pattern is mine that I can share it with you:



Oh . . . and I decided on those feather plumes after I'd already made the pattern.  I actually just cut those freehand from felt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment