Thursday, April 7, 2016

Lancelot

If you recall, I designed the monstrously complicated West Holmes Knight to represent my daughter's school mascot.  I knew what would happen as soon as anyone around here saw it.  I had my response all ready:


NOOOOOOOO!!!!

People always ask why I don't sell my ornaments.  I always tell them it's because they can't afford them.  Seriously -- that West Holmes Knight ornament would require someone to take a second mortgage!  I had a couple of people, though, who I knew would truly appreciate some sort of school mascot ornament, so I came up with a simpler design of just the knight. I had purchased some clipart from Etsy for the other knight and it also included this image:


  

I used that to design my little guy.  I substituted our school colors and put the initials on the shield and here's the finished product:





It was still a lot of work, but nothing like that knight on horseback.  The recipients were very pleased and I think he turned out great!

DISCLAIMERS:

In case anyone happens by and thinks I've stolen someone else's work or thinks I'm profiting from it:


  • purchased the clip-art.  I did not do a "right click/save as."
  • I am not selling a pattern made from this clip-art.  I'm not even giving away a pattern made from this clip-art.  
  • I am not selling ornaments made from this clip-art.  

3 comments:

  1. Your knight is just amazing, the stitching on that sword..wow! I can only imagine how many hours went into creating these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this little guy! :) What did you use for the shiny parts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Joann Fabrics . . . in the shiny fabric aisle. :o) It's a thin layer of shiny vinyl on the front and some sort of fabric on the back. The fabric gives it a little body and keeps it from fraying, but it's still soft enough to get a needle through. I have it in silver and gold.

      Delete