Sunday, June 28, 2015

Serena the Seahorse

If you're not a Pinterest user, you're missing out on one of the greatest things on the web.  For crafty, creative folks like us, it's a treasure trove of ideas.  I see beautiful felt ornaments on there all .. the .. time.  This seahorse recently caught my eye:



I have no idea why it caught my eye, really.  I'm not a seahorse person.  I think maybe the added stitched details really got my attention and I knew immediately that I wanted to make it.  Fortunately, the pin led to a link on Etsy where the pattern was available for a bargain price of 5 whole bucks and was a PDF download, which meant I had it in my hands almost immediately.  The creator intended for this to be a larger stuffed toy, so I just shrunk it to the size I wanted.  The pattern pieces were great and very detailed -- well worth the money.  I really loved the colors in the photo and I copied them as best I could.  My beads are a little different color-wise, but I was working with what I had on hand.  Every I've shown this to LOVES it!  Here's mine:



If you would like to order this pattern, please visit the Squishy Cute Designs shop over on Etsy.  Be sure to check out her other patterns, too!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Amy. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I haven't visited in a while, but I'll make a point to more often. This seahorse is just lovely! Your stitching and details are amazing. Thanks for the link to the Etsy shop, I'll have to go check out their patterns!

    ReplyDelete