Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jeffrey Jump-Up 2

This is the third time I've made this ornament and I'll be honest that I'm not a fan.  I will say that he turns out GREAT, but he's just a pain.  There are small pieces and those socks and shoes require a lot of thread changes when you stitch the legs together.  The stitching on the basketball is no picnic, either.  The first time I did this one was for my oldest nephew, Alex.  I think it was one of the very first ornaments I did -- definitely prior to starting this blog -- and I didn't even take a picture of it.  The second time was for our friend, John, who was playing basketball for Heidelberg College at the time.  As you can see from the blog post, the colors weren't very exciting and my picture was terrible.  In fairness to Jeffrey, I thought I'd post this ornament a second time so you can get a better picture of what he looks like.  My younger nephew also plays basketball, so I thought I'd do this ornament for him, too.

When I got the pattern out, I laid out all the pieces to be sure I had them all.  




Ouida's mom must've made this pattern several times, too, judging by all the pin holes in the pieces.  Just looking at the pieces filled me with dread!  I had a picture of Zach in his uniform to go by for the color choices:



He may be a pain in the butt, but he sure does turn out well.  I know Zach will love him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment