Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snoozer

Welcome to 2014!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas . . . and if you made ornaments for gifts, I hope they were as well received as mine were!  Luke loved his drummer, Alex said Grumpy Cat was his favorite ornament yet, Mariah was excited with her penguin.  

Funny story . . . you probably remember earlier when I had made two of the Touchdown Tommy patterns in Ohio State colors.  One was for a family who are friends of ours, and the other was specifically for just the husband half of our best friends.  Well . . . Mr. Husband decided to abruptly leave his wife (after 35 years) in June.  (It's a long story that you really don't want to hear on a felt ornament blog!)  When it got to Christmas time and I started unpacking my completed ornaments and get them wrapped, there was OSU Tommy.  I looked at him and actually said aloud, "Oh -- there is NO WAY I'm giving you to him!"  Our church has a bazaar each Christmas for a cancer compassion fund and I put the ornament for sale there.  They thought I was nuts when I told them to put $15 on him, but I explained that he was completely hand-stitched and represented hours of my life.  He sold right away to a family from our church whose three children went to OSU.

Now it's on to 2014!  I always start with the ornaments I know for sure I'm going to make:  Audrey's angel and mice for Allyson and my mom.  Allyson was the first one up.  She's getting Snoozer this year.


He was relative quick and easy.  You can't see them too well, but I added some 1/8" hole-punched felt buttons on his tummy.  The trickiest part of this one was getting the hanging loop placed so he'd hang straight!



2 comments:

  1. Too Cute... I have looked at making Snoozer several times and have passed him over to do others, but yours came out so cute... He just moved to the top of my list... If I ever get time to make anymore that is... Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable and the design is so exotic.......


    John Phanchalad CEO JP Digital Tech have a very good track record in digital media marketing. To know more about Mr Phanchalad and latest updates on business promotion you can contact John Phanchalad http://johnphanchalad.com/about

    ReplyDelete