Monday, September 27, 2010

Pep

I always thought Jeffrey Jump-Up (the basketball player) was the most time-consuming ornament. Now, I'm not so sure. Pep could give Jeffrey a run for his money! Because I stitch everything, the soccer ball alone took over an hour. Between the black patches and the changing colors of thread as I stitched around the outside, it was a pain. I needed this to be a girl, so I stole this hair from one of the angel patterns. This was one of those tricky patterns that totally changed shape once it was stuffed. If I ever make another one, I'll be adjusting that hair to eliminate that whispy thing that winds up looking like a sideburn.

This is for Cally -- the girlfriend of our friends' son, John. She got the Leiloni hula girl last year. She doesn't have ornament-related hobbies and I was about to cut out Betsy Bubbles for her because I know she likes to go to the spa . . . . but then John told me she plays soccer recreationally and suggested that might be a better fit. (That just means she's getting Betsy next year!)



No comments:

Post a Comment