Thursday, September 3, 2020

Sven

I had three of the characters from Frozen that I designed in the past few years.  Click here if you need to refresh your memory.  I wanted to do a 4th because I thought that would make a nice set.  I had decided on Sven, the reindeer, and hadn't settled on exactly how I wanted to do it.  Then I remembered something Ouida gave me years ago that I'd stuck in a file somewhere.  I went digging and managed to find it!



She sent it because she thought I might like the elves, but it was the reindeer that caught my eye!  I've hung on to that for more than ten years, but look at the date.  1977!!!!  Ouida had hung onto it for longer.  And, fortunately, she also had the black and white drawings, so that made my life much easier.  



He turned out great! 


There are a lot of small pieces, but he went together much quicker than I thought.  And it's a good thing, because I need to do another one by Christmas!

I've done another Elsa and Olaf this year, so I had them handy for a group photo:



Since that initial magazine article included directions and drawings for enlargement, I am able to share the pattern with no problem:





No comments:

Post a Comment