Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Well, nothing like sliding in on Christmas Eve with one last post!  Here's this year's batch of ornaments -- minus the hunter, which wasn't yet finished when I needed to take this photo prior to my Thanksgiving distribution to my sister's family.




For awhile now, I've been wanting a tree covered with felt ornaments just like Clif's:


At our old house, we had a 12-foot tree.  In the new house, the ceilings weren't tall enough, so we had to get a smaller one.  The 12-foot one had been completely covered with ornaments, so I knew there was no way to get them all on a smaller tree.    What's a girl to do?

GET TWO TREES!

We got a 9-foot tree for the dining room and a 7-foot tree for the kitchen.  Granted, I don't have nearly as many ornaments as Clif does.  (Maybe I need to spend a year just making ornaments for myself and forget about everyone else -- don'tcha think??)  I filled in with some candy canes and I think it looks pretty good.  And there's room for plenty more!





I hope you're all enjoying your ornaments this year.  I've had some fantastic emails lately from readers who have fond memories of Carolyn DeAngelis ornaments from their childhood.  Nothing makes me happier than when someone says, "Do you have ANY idea of where I can get the patterns?" and I can say, "YES, I DO!"  Many of you have shared some wonderful pictures and I plan to sit down in January and share those with you on the blog.  Thanks to all of you who read, email, stitch, and share.  I started this blog to show Ouida and Clif the ornaments I was making and there are now dozens of you checking in.  How fun!

Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and blessed 2015!

AMY


No comments:

Post a Comment