Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Zaxophone Player

Nope . . . that's not a typo!  My youngest nephew, Zach, has been playing the saxophone in school and LOVES it.  My sister suggested a saxophone ornament . . . . but the instrument itself would make a pretty boring ornament.  I took an existing Carolyn DeAngelis pattern -- the Birthday Party boy -- and used him as a springboard.  He had the body shape and position that I wanted.  I put some pants on him and added a saxophone with sequins for the keys and there you have it!




Zach . . . Zaxophone Player . . . get it?
(I do crack myself up!)



I did make a critical error and punished no one but myself with the correction.  I always stitch the year on the backs of my ornaments.  On my nephews' ornaments, I stitch their names, too.  I don't want any family feuds over these priceless heirlooms when they grow up -- HA HA!!  I had already decided to stitch the year on the back of the sleeve for this one.  For some reason, I completely forgot about the name until after I had the whole body stitched and stuffed.  What's a girl to do?  I put on my old lady glasses, sat in the afternoon sunlight, and managed to get his name AND the date on that sleeve!



And then I promised myself NEVER to make that mistake again!  (I got that arm up a little high on the saxophone . . . but just TRY to unglue hot glue on felt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment