Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nativity Kings


Here are my completed nativity kings. I love them! I made them for a Puerto Rican friend who celebrates Epiphany each January. Here are some changes I made to the patterns:



  • I used 3 different skin tones: brown, tan, and an Asian-sort of fleshy yellow.

  • I gave the "Asian" king some Asian-shaped eyes.

  • Obviously, I added some beads and sequins along the way!

  • I made the arms 3-D. Instead of cutting only one layer and stitching them down flat to the fronts of the bodies . . . I cut two layers, stuffed them, and sewed them onto the bodies when I stitched the bodies together. This meant stitching through 4 layers of felt along the outside edge of the arms, but the three 3-D effect is worth it!

  • I also made the gifts 3-D by cutting two layers and stitching & stuffing.

  • The gift in the hand of the Asian king is actually upside down. I just liked that shape better!



No comments:

Post a Comment